Dec 1, 2009

the most important thing in illness is to never lose HEART

Play your Part. Become Apart.

When I was about 14 years old I lost one of my most favorite people in the world to Aids. My cousin just two years younger than I was born with it and I don't think he ever knew. I remember going by their house everyday after school in junior high and on weekends. His presence holds some of the best memories of my childhood. I dread the memory of slowly watching this disease take-over his young body and my once vibrant and out-spoken love became this frail hardly recognizable person that later became hospitalized and in the end the last time I saw him I kissed his cheek told him how much I missed and loved him and that I'd see him soon. And to this day I still know it's true...see you soon cuz.  Gone but never forgotten.
Photobucket
Prejudice is the child of ignorance. 
 William Hazlitt



Photobucket
It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little – do what you can.
 Sydney Smith

1 comment:

k . . . said...

This was so touching, it made me tear up, Quelly. Sorry for your loss. Love you dearly!
xoxo