Dec 1, 2009

there I just said it I'm scared you'll forget about me

It's impossible for me to ever not remember you
Here's the thing
With me you've secured you're bed
No other will ly their head
My heart still beats
Only to feel yours here
It gets harder as the time passes
And for us there is no resolution
Besides to not give up
If you'd allow love to just give in

Opening my eyes to you every morning
Was like the feeling of a new beat in my heart
Nothing like I'd been accustomed to
Because loving you always made my spirits anew
Morning devotions helped shape a better  us
Witness to the man God needed you to be
And ultimatley the one he kept for me

I need my husband, friend and lover near
This distance hurts and tears
Causing my heart to swell
I wonder now if another is getting
All that you're worth
Maybe now I'm fading into the distance
Is this the case
I wish then I could love in reverse
And let go like the many times you rehearsed
Yet I plead my case
I'll love you forever
For better or worse
dead rose Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

k . . . said...

I love this poem, it's got heart and depth. No shame to it, just honesty*_*
xoxo