Nov 11, 2009

when we meet again I'll be standing in the rain


There the raindrops will hide the evidence
Of tears fallen from losing you
I needed you really bad
And I thought maybe
I could just love you so much more this time

I promised that I wouldn't shout
Pout or single all the bad moves out
Then you'd see how much I wanted you
The way I thought you needed me too

But it was like trying to move a car
Driving with the tires all gone
I still can't believe you so quickly
Gave yourself away
Allowed my Superman to go astray
I can't imagine you kissing anothers lip
It hurts the most to know
You willingly did all this
And now you crave more options
I can never be it
Maybe we're not suppose to ever really understand
This is the cross meant to bare
Just when I was finally getting use
To the tears
And you not being here
You got me believing again
In all you knew no longer existed

I just need now to believe
In something in the distance
That's worth more than just missing
I don't want to crave your re-used lips
And rehearsed kisses
It's probably best we not do this
There's only your twisted logic to credit
For the millionth time you reconsidered
And me you chose to dismiss

I stood here in the pouring rain
Because you needed to know
And I just still couldn't let the teardrops show
Everyday I die a little less inside
And now we can both stop wondering why
God didn't allow us a millionth and one try
For awhile we were both just characters
In a broken hearted book
And someday some lovestruck teenager
Will be touched to by this
And hopefully they'll see
That not all love
Is truly meant to be

No comments: