May 12, 2009

and I hate it thought we could make it

Irony of practicing patience
Surrounded by the elements
Of certain elimination
Repetitive phrases of significance
To the end
Still won't reconcile any differences
Not being ready to let go
Doesn't mean that you won't eventually
I'm sleeping with the enemy

And he's quick to re-route
Weeding and picking
Singling all the bad out
Questioned is there someone else
Alas we wrestle the restless
When the roles have similarly been replaced
Fingers constantly away at the mobile
It makes no sense if I'm around
Me you never address
You're livid and I don't know this man

Creating someone I'm not
I can not express this love
Without ridicule and strain
When the once two-way street
Reads signs of detour
And cause of alarm
Do not enter
Or at your own risk
I never knew love's frigid list
This heart won't wallow in this
I'll undoubtedly be dismissed

1 comment:

Chaile Divine said...

Hi Sweet pea. Thanks for stopping by. I love your work very clean and direct with lots of meaning that tug at the heart.

Love you.