Jan 5, 2009

peace in your arms

My heart said a silent prayer
Dedicated to my bleeding love
Beating steadily
Loving on a dying breath
If I were an old me
I still would wish you needed me
Every minute of every day like I needed you
All the sleepless nights
I cried waking the daylight

Love helped to release me
Of this non-existent hope
My heart smiles so many times over
When my love was there
It you continually chose to miss
Though I never regretted
Any shedded tears
It was genuwine care

Now if your presence crosses my mind
I still smile awhile
And feel an invisible kiss
You still reach out to me
Ever this heart remembers your name
Never will it forget
First love's impact
Every smile
Laughter
And tear this heart ensnared

I don't know my heart's plea
But it must have silently spoken loudly
Because somehow you came to me
Again you rang
Now you needed me
Only this time
It was your heart's distress

The feeling all too familar
Yet you never answered my continual calls
But somehow I can't disconnect
And tell you not to recollect
You say you needed peace with me
To manifest in the flesh

I trusted not my fragile heart
A greater force
Steps ordered by him
Maybe it wasn't my prayer but his
To deal with the past
And so I walked to where my past sat
Pleading with me
the embrace Pictures, Images and Photos
You are no stranger to me
Still I crave not an embrace
The words chased
Now start to percolate
And again it was genuwine care

Last good-byes were ugly
But found in my heart
To see you
Now in a different light
Calming and easy
Even when I spoke of him

Still you don't feel the same
You said you can't let go
That you are no good to anyone
You miss me
Thinking of me
Every second
Of everyday
Now the roles have reversed
Only this time I am no longer there
This toxic love has gone to waste

For what seemed like an eternity
A million shared stares
Still null words
That held premature existence
No care withheld
Even with stunted answers
We both smiled
I admit each a painful
But unshrouded one

Intrupted by a familar reality
We now needed to say good-bye
Once again
Still left with a million unspoken words
Of all the rights gone wrong

Maybe there will never be enough time
To say all the things we should have
Everything still cannot encompass
Each heart's sorry
To kiss
To embrace
To eternally miss
In your arms
Never a failing reason
Other than death's eternal kiss
Love immortalized
First love can never be dismissed.

No comments: